Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

                               Little Sentimentals Passed on by Grandmas


So, I'm sorting through everything I own. I have to decide if it's a "keep" or "trash" item. Going into my jewelry box was the toughest. Do I keep things I'll never wear? Is it a treasure to me, and why? How ruthless can I be? How many artifacts need to be kept? Yeah, you've been there.  It gets tricky, right?

I don't even wear jewelry! This is the most challenging category I find in the process of purging my home of excess.


I found a couple pictures of old Italian mothers with their babes that caught my eye. They are definitly some items I will hold onto.


.

If these items were appraised (which I can imagine as long as I want, though it will never happen) I would not care about their monetary value. I will only hold on to those things that mean something to me now. 
Case closed. I'm prepared to move on to a new category.

Appreciate your life now. Let go of the excess so important things can take the stage.

Keep it simple,

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Purging is always a tough thing for me to do. My weakness is things that belonged to my children, as babies. Thankfully I have a sweet new nephew who has become the recipient of many of my baby things. I still have way to many baby girl clothes, but I am hoping to one day have a niece to give them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff related to our kids is really hard to let go of. They grow up so fast and somehow it seems that holding onto those items will make them stay little forever. Some people make a quilt out of those special items so they can still be enjoyed. Miranda had a great suggestion regarding the use of baby teeth. She said when each one falls out she'd like to add it onto a necklace so she could have a "teeth necklace". I really didn't know what to say!

    ReplyDelete